Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Salmorejo


I discovered this dish recently, about a couple of years ago. Immediately after tasting it, I realized it was going to be one of my favourites. Being a big fan of Gazpacho, I fell in love with Salmorejo.

I’ve tried to make it a couple of times at home with different degrees of success. Here’s the recipe and what I’ve learned from experience.

  • tomatoes (high quality, I use vine tomatoes)
  • extra-virgin olive oil (this is also important).
  • garlic (the quantity depends on taste but it’s important not to put too much because it will ruin the whole dish)
  • bread (ideally it would be bread from the day before) it should be a thick bread like this one. Discard the crust.
  • salt

  1. Scald the tomatoes and remove skin
  2. Blend the tomatoes in with the bread and the garlic.
  3. Gradually incorporate the oil into the mixture.
  4. Add salt to taste.

Serve with diced jamón, diced boiled egg, and olive oil, like it's shown in the picture.
You can also add diced vegetables like cucumber, pepper, … or whatever you fancy.


Here are a couple of other recipes
Recipe 1
Recipe 2

0 comentarios: